Wednesday, February 1, 2012

January 18 No More Among Other Brouhahas

Moving the Date: A Couple's Nightmare
Francis and I had to sit with his parents for the talk. Apparently, there is this Filipino custom called "sukob" that is believed to be a bringer of ill fate to couples. Since his uncle (Tito Oca) died January 18 (our anniversary) this year, we cannot marry after a year. That spells disaster to us.


We understand that there seem to be some things that we will not be able to control. Including this. It's just sad that we have to change our wedding date when January 18 is our 9th anniversary and 1+8 is 9. Pathetic? Yes, I do find myself deadbeat at times. But, numbers are close to my heart. Dates of special occasions are way too sentimental and memorable for me.


Good thing that January 28 is an available date for Vinz and VJ Matias. It's sad to know that we might not have these talented brothers as they are talented and very welcoming. I hope we settle everything by then.


Reception Renovation: F*ck Me!!! 
This is the biggest struggle we had to face as reception venue holds a very pertinent spot to the entire budget tier.


It is rather sad that Makati Parks and Garden is to be renovated; thus, no couple is allowed to book for any 2013 event. Sucks, I know! And since this is the case, we're on our super sleuth act again to look for the church that we will have our vows presented at. 


Arrrgghh! I promised myself not to be a bridezilla. I'm trying not to!


Posted on 2/1/12 at 8:24 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...